Friday, March 20, 2009

1 month after surgery


(Weight 262 lbs) It's been one month since my gastric bypass surgery and I'm feeling very good. I've lost 48 lbs since my first meeting at Tufts on Christmas Eve. I've gone from a 46 inch waistline to a loose 42. The hardest part is to just slow down. I eat my mini meals to fast, and have probably lifted to much weight at my job to fast. When I eat to fast my new stomach lets me know about it. I don't vomit, but feel like I have to. I get the cold sweats, my face gets flushed, and my wife gets nervous. After a little while it passes. Can you imagine taking 30 to 45 minutes to eat 1 cup of food, or 30 minutes to drink a slim fast. That's what I have to do, and I don't mind. I'd much rather be doing this and losing weight instead not having the surgery, loading up on junk food and gaining more weight. I've been walking 2 - 3 miles at a time at the gym or outside or I use the elliptical for 30 minutes at a time. A lot of people ask if I have any regrets. The short answer is no. I studied this procedure enough to know what I was in for, and I'm happy I did it. The long answer is yes. I'm sorry I couldn't keep my food addictions under control and let myself balloon up to 310 lbs again. But, that's all behind me now. The picture above was taken 4 days before my surgery. I can't wait to post a new one, but I'll wait for the 100 lb mark.


Please do not hesitate to ask any questions, and definitely don't hesitate to pass this blog on to anyone who may find comfort in knowing that there is hope. GT

1 comment:

  1. Nice post and lots of infromation about the treatment thanks.....
    MINI BYPASS

    ReplyDelete