Sunday, March 1, 2009

My new menu


(275 lbs) Before my Gastric Bypass I normally ate 2000 to 3500 calories a day, probably more at times. Here is the diet that I have been on for the past week.


Stage 3 Meal plan

Meal Time Food

Fluids 7:00-7:30 8 oz water

Meal # 1 8:00-9:00 EAS Shake

Fluids 9:30-11:30 12 oz crystal light

Meal #2 12:00-1:00 1/2 cup cottage 8 oz Light Yogurt

Fluids 1:30-3:00 12 oz water

Meal #3 3:30-4:00 Sugar Free Jello

Fluids 4:3o-6:oo 20 oz Fruit20

Meal #4 6:30-7:3o Greek Yogurt 8 oz

Meal #5 9:00- 9:30 8 oz skim milk

Total: Calories: 470
Protein: 64 g
Fluids: 6o oz


Could you do it? I've done OK with it. I found on my first night home that I am very aware that my compulsive thinking / eating habits are still very much alive. I am so happy to be working hard on "Mindful Eating". I was so used to "Mindless Eating" like walking upstairs to the fridge anytime I wanted to. Can't do that anymore. My stomach is the size of a baby's. It takes me about 30 minutes to drink a slim-fast. Small sips, no gulps, I actually don't mind. I go for my first check-up tomorrow. My wounds are healing well. I will be going to Stage 4 food tomorrow. Soft and moist ground/pureed foods. All pureed in a blender. Got a bib? I also start taking chewable multivitamin and mineral supplements.


So would I suggest this to anyone? Not unless it was absolutely necessary to maintain your health. If you've been reading my prior posts you can probably tell that I had absolutely no will power, and found it impossible to get up off my butt and get to the gym. This is not the quick fix I thought it would be. My life as I know it is completely changed. I absolutely have to plan my menu for the day, and make time for exercise and "mindful eating" every day. So on we go. One day at a time! Good luck in your journey, I wish you well. I'll write again soon.

3 comments:

  1. What are some of the health limitations? Like: high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc. Any of these automatically eliminate you as a candidate for the procedure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, That makes you a better candidate. I won't be surprised if they take me of my hig blood pressure medication tomorrow. My pulse on the elliptical this morning was 60 after a half hour. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi gary -- the small intestine is actually between the stomach and the large intestine -- but

    ReplyDelete