Wednesday, November 3, 2010


On February 18th 2009 Gastric Bypass surgery changed my life forever. Why did I do it... because I had lost nearly 1000 lbs by dieting since I was 18 years old only to gain it back, plus more. My higest weight was 321 lbs. I was pre-diabetic, had sleep apnia, glaucoma, high blood pressure, aching jonts, and a ferocious... appetite that was out of control. My Body Mass Index was 44 (morbedly Obese). Since my GB all of the above mentioned complications are gone. I now weigh 180 lbs. I now eat 5 or 6 small healthy meals a day, and excercise moderately. I am posting this to share my story with anyone who is morbidly obese and desperate, and to tell you that there is hope. As they say in all Twelve Step programs, "Take what you want from this and leave the rest." It has been one hell of an amazing journey. I wish you well in yours. GT

1 comment:

  1. I'll tell ya...what they teach you/us at Tuft's Medical Center is so essential. The whole Mindful Eating thing. You've obviously done phenomenal with your surgery. Me - Well, I've done good. I'm hard on myself. I'm sad that I haven't dropped the 100lbs or more I set out to do with my LapBand surgery, but I look okay right? ;)

    I had sleep apnea and severe back issues. Both gone now. To this day though, I still have issues with food. Food is addicting. And it's hard to live this new life. You have to be ready and committed to it. Period. And clearly you've done that. Bravo. I'm almost sure that those other pictures on this site are NOT you. Looks nothing like you now! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete