Monday, February 16, 2009

The day before surgery


(299 lbs.) It's 2:38 AM and I'm in my home office trying to tie up some loose ends before my surgery tomorrow. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a little anxious. Even though I've done all the prep work and read all of the material, my mind is still racing with questions. I had my pre-surgical appointments last Friday morning. I am totally impressed with Tufts NMC. I met with the surgeons assistant, had some blood work done, got an EKG, a chest x-ray, and met with the anesthesiologist. They answered all my questions and told me what to expect when i go in tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM. Wow, I can't believe it's almost here. I had a geat lunch meeting w/ my DJ friends today at TGI Friday's. I've been calling it my "Full Portion Farewell Tour". I had a steak w/ mash potatoes. I did my Monday night "It's Trivia Time" show earlier tonight at The Piccadilly Pub in Foxboro. My mom, sister Wendy, Sarah and the kids came. It was a lot of fun. I've put together three weeks worth of trivia material for my replacements. I hope to be back on the job doing "lite duty" by March 2nd. Sarah will be coming with me to a few jobs till I can start lifting again. I've been telling everyone about my Gastric Bypass procedure. Everyone has been very supportive. I've always been very open about my weight loss and weight gain. The way I explain it now is "I'm just shrinking my gas tank". Later today I'm getting a haircut, putting my overnight bag together, taking a few "before pictures", and eating very lite. God I hope I sleep Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment